Custom & Toll Manufacturing
Silar Laboratories can perform custom and toll conversions on a proprietary basis. Our versatile production area is well equipped to handle many different types of chemical production on an ongoing basis.
We have the ability to evaluate and execute confidentiality agreements in an efficient and rapid manor. Technology transfers are conducted by PhD, MS. and B.S. chemists with significant customer interaction with all of our personnel. Coverage of production start ups by our customer’s technical personnel is routine and the monitoring of subsequent production is left to the customer’s discretion.
Our facilities have been audited by our customers on many occasions for compliance with their quality, environmental and safety criteria and we are ISO certified. Our staff is committed to providing these services in a rapid and efficient manner.
Silar Laboratories Capabilities
Silar Laboratories produces organosilanes, silicones and related materials for pharmaceutical, electronics, industrial and R&D use. The manufacturing facilities are capable of producing kilos to multi-ton scale between our two sites in NY and NC.
The following equipment is installed:
- State-of-the-art kilo lab with fourteen large walks in hoods.
- Three 100 gal glass lined reactor systems with 30 plate high vacuum stills (<10 mm Hg).
- One 200 gal glass lined reactor system with 30 plate high vacuum still (<10 mm Hg).
- One 500 gal glass lined reactor system with 18 plate normal vacuum still (>20 mm Hg).
- One 500 gal Hastelloy reactor system with 18 plate normal vacuum still (>20 mm Hg).
- One 30, 50 and 300 gal glass lined reactors.
- Two 500 gal glass lined reactors.
- A flare and counter-current scrubber to handle odorous materials.
- Various solids handling equipment including a 150 gal Guedu (Rosenmund type) filter/dryer.
- A 27 ft, 60 theoretical plate distillation column serviced by a 300 gal glass lined reactor.
- Wiped film evaporators, two inch and four inch.
Some important notes:
Reactors can operate between -20 ºC and +230 ºC. Vacuum distillations are performed down to 1mm Hg.
Analytical instrumentation includes:
On-Site: AA, GC, GPC, HPLC, FTIR, DSC, auto-titrator, automatic Karl Fischer, Ion Chromatography, pH, Flame Photometer for Na & K, Brookfield LVD viscometer, and APHA color
Available through off-site partnerships: LCMS, Prep LC, GCMS, NMR and ICP